Liberals Unveil Fully Costed Party Platform: Richer, Fairer, Greener: An Action Plan for the 21st Century
I want my Canada back.
"Liberals are proud to continue our tradition of strong economic and fiscal management.Fiscal discipline is now part of the Liberal DNA. We were the party that turned a huge deficit into eight years of surpluses, and we will continue to put fiscal responsibility first. A Liberal government will never put Canada into deficit. Period."
- Liberal leader Stéphane Dion
"Richer, Fairer, Greener," the Liberal Party of Canada's fully-costed, fiscally-responsible platform, lays out a progressive, inclusive vision to make Canada a stronger country for the next generation.
The plan includes a contingency reserve of $3 billion a year to be applied to the debt if it's not used.
The cornerstone of the Liberal platform is the Green Shift plan. This innovative and forward-thinking plan will cut income taxes, put a price on pollution, fight poverty and position Canada to be a leader in the 21st-century global economy.
WHAT THE LIBERALS HAVE TO OFFER
The Liberal Platform at a Glance
RICHER, FAIRER, GREENER:
AN ACTION PLAN FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
A Richer Canada
- A Strong Climate for Growth: Balanced Budgets,
- Tackling the Infrastructure Deficit in our Cities and Communities,
- The Advanced Manufacturing Prosperity Fund,
- Strong Rural and Northern Canada, Investment in Research & Development, Providing Access to Post-Secondary Education, Supporting Canadian Culture
A Greener Canada
- A Plan to Fight the Climate Change Crisis,
- Clean Air,
- Safeguarding our Water,
- Protecting our Health from Toxic Substances,
- Protecting Our Natural Heritage,
- Empowering Canadians
A Fairer Canada
- The 30-50 Plan,
- Investing in Our Children,
- Health Care,
- Women’s Equality,
- Welcoming New Canadians,
- EI Changes,
- A New Relationship with Canada’s First Nations,
- Inuit and Métis,
- Minority Language Rights,
- A Safer Canada,
- Respectful Federalism
Canada and the World
- Climate Change and Global Security,
- Projecting Canadian Values Abroad,
- Sharing Canadian Hope and Vision with the World,
- Stronger Relationships,
- Arctic Sovereignty