I Resolve to Continue to Work for Change (Plus a Few Other Things)
I'm keeping my list of New Year's Resolutions brief and to the point this year. (My to do list is long enough. I don't need a Resolutions list that's even longer!)
1. Continue to work for change.
- continue to use my voice to speak up when I witness injustice, whether it's on a large or small scale
- continue to work for political change
- continue to donate to projects and causes I believe in and to spread the world about these very worthy endeavours.
2. Look for ways to leave a smaller environmental footprint.
- purchase more reusable coffee cups so that I always have one handy when I stop for take-out coffee.
- become better informed about environmental issues so that I can make more substantial changes that will benefit the planet.
3. Find ways to balance my new-found call to activism with the needs of my family, the demands of my writing career, and my health goals.
- continue to implement the aspects of David Allen's Getting Things Done program that are most applicable to my life as a mom/writer/woman/activist.
- take time to re-energize myself emotionally, physically, and spiritually so that I don't become depleted and I have more to give. (I want to be more physically active and to continue to enjoy the more relaxed pace of life I enjoyed during the last half of 2006.)
- continue to seek support from friends who have similar life/health goals.
4. Continue to connect with people who are trying to make change so that we can support one another's efforts, both online and in real life.
How about you? Have you set some resolutions for 2007? Are they different from the types of resolutions you've set in years past? (My resolutions are definitely less "me-oriented." How about yours?)